EarthLover supports All Things Eco Friendly and Fair Trade!
At EarthLover Shopping we search the U.S. and the entire world for earth-friendly products from clothing, bath and beauty items, home décor, and personal accessories, to eco-friendly bags, and really unique gifts. Earthlover is a Proud Member of the Fair Trade Federation, so Fair Trade practices with international vendors are the core to bring products to our customers that meet our standards . You can find the organic, recycled, renewable, natural, and hand made products you want, while maintaining your commitment to buying Fair trade and living green. Rest easy knowing that the products you purchase are sweat shop free and offer opportunities to others, supporting health care, eduction and a path for a better life.
Earthlover is committed to preserving and protecting our planet’s natural environment!
We choose to run our business in a way that supports this commitment. Earthlover is an Approved Business by Green America, and adheres to the Green Checklist, in addition to our other choices for a more environmentally acceptable way of doing business.
- Our place of business is a reclaimed factory building, which is currently being renovated to meet or exceed LEED Standards.
- We walk to work, always.
- We use bicycles for local errands whenever possible.
- Maintain a vegan office, with no animal products or food, and only allow leather products in our inventory that are from verified cruelty free sources.
- We have converted our parking spaces to grass parking areas, and continue to plant trees in every possible space.
- Our exterior break area is a growing and evolving Bamboo Forest.
- We print essential documents only, and recycle ink cartridges.
- Printing double sided, and save all waste paper for shredding and packing use.
- Recycle whatever possible- and whatever possible ( this sometimes leads to some strange Yard Art!).
- Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste properly e.g. electronics, florescent light bulbs, batteries.
- Use biodegradable cleaning products.
- Purchase recycled or recyclable products e.g. 100% post consumer office paper.
- Email correspondence whenever possible.
- Reuse products such as silverware as opposed to disposable utensils and plates.
- All lighting has been placed on motion detector switches, which turn off automatically when room is unoccupied.
- Unplug all possible appliances after each use.
- Set computers and monitors to sleep after ten minutes.
- Turn computers off at the end of the work day.
- Setting Energystar programmable thermostat to moderate temperatures to reduce heating and air conditioning system usage.
- We do not print paper catalogs, and discourage others from sending them to us. We use internet and PDF format for all advertising and encourage our vendors to practice this policy by refusing paper catalogs and mailings whenever possible.
- ALL packing materials are reused, or recycled. Vendors are requested to refrain from shipping to us in plastic bags, or non recyclable materials.
- Make every effort to do business with others that share our values
When we choose products, we look at all aspects of producton, materials and packaging to consider the impact on our planet.
- Whenever possible we choose Organic cotton.
- The next best thing to Organic is recycyled! Many of our fabric goods are made from the recycled scraps in industrial areas, even recycled clothing!
- When you receive a package from us, if the item is in a plastic bag it is usually because it was shipped to us from overseas. Overseas shipping can be a dirty business, so in order for you to receive your item in clean condition this is sometimes required. We encourage the reuse of these bags whenever possible, and continue to work with our suppliers to package our items in biodegradable and/or recycled. reusable packaging.
- Because of our commitment to Fair Trade, almost all of our products are made in small workshop settings, in the homes of producers, or outdoor facilities. We make every effort to avoid factory produced items, although on occasion we feel that we find someone who is offering a good for the earth product in a facility that we find to be acceptable in it's Fair trade standards and Eco policies. But we are picky...really picky!